This weekend Mitch's parents came and helped us put in our yard. I felt so bad because they came on Wednesday and worked pretty much all day Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I had to work, but Mitch was able to stay home Friday and help them. We, or I should say they put in our sprikler system, concrete landscape curbing, and the sod. I couldn't believe how long it took. I was able to help on Saturday, so I learned a little about putting in a sprinkler system, and laying sod. It was fun, but a lot of work, and my back had never hurt so bad. I can't imagine how everyone else feels working for 3 days straight. (I told Mitch that I would definately be prego next year when we do our back yard, and if I'm not I will fake it somehow!!!)
I am so glad that Papa John and Lorraine could come and help, and also Mitch's Uncle Jonny who helped and gave us a killer deal on sod. They did such a good job, and we love it. Thanks again for everything!
Sad note though, we were not able to put in any plants, trees, bushes, etc. because we live in Idaho Falls and it is already cold here so everything would have probably died. Next spring thought, I can't wait ;)!
Here are some pic's of the weekend!

Mitch digging a hole for the valve box

The landscape curbing, huge planters, huh

Silly Papa John, isn't he cute!?

Boys working hard

Some sod...

some more sod...

and more sod...
almost done,
and Done!!! We did a dang good job

We left our mark. It looks really bad because the cement was still really wet but it is a heart and the a K+M.
A pic of our rock because I love it and think that it's so pretty.
4 comments:
The yard looks great! Nice job Transtrum family!
The yard looks awesome... you guys sure did a fantastic job! im pretty impressed, i had no idea you were so talented! haha I cant wait to see it in person! 1love ya
Kristin!!! I am so glad you have a blog! Send me your e-mail so I can add you to Scarletts blog, I update it more often then this blog. Oh and also I really love your fact of the day....Perverted dolphins.
Post a Comment