Thursday, April 1, 2010

Las Vegas, Arizona and California

Dietrich and I went to visit Nana and Papa Maxfield and Dougie for a week so Mitch could get some good studying in. When we got there Danny and Liz were there. It was so fun to see them. Dietrich loved Danny. Danny would talk to Dietrich and make funny faces at him and Dietrich would just laugh and talk back. It was hilarious. He was sad to see them go. He also loves Doug. Doug would do the same thing and Dietrich loved it. And of course Baby D loves his Nana and Papa and loves playing and talking to them. Thanks fam for loving Dietrich. We had such a good time with you guys and can't wait until the next time. And thanks for all the help.

After Baby D and I spent time in Vegas Mitch came and picked us up and we drove down to Arizona to visit some of Mitch's family. We had such a fun time with them swimming, seeing movies, going out to eat and watching movies in bed with them. Dietrich went swimming for the first time and loved it. Mitch even dunked him under the water and D didn't mind. Thanks guys for the fun time, and for spoiling Dietrich with your love.

Then after we spent a week in Arizona we drove back to Vegas, went to sleep, woke up and got in the car again. This time we headed to LA, California to go to Six Flags. I have never been to Six Flags before and have always wanted to go. It was so much fun. My parents were so nice and came with us to watch Baby D so Mitch, Doug and I could just go from ride to ride and not have to worry about him. Thanks so much again. I loved Six Flags. We were able to go on all the rides we wanted to. My favorite was the Tatsu. The scariest was the X-Men ride. I wanted to cry the whole time I was on it, and don't know if I would ride it again. Mitch thinks he blacked out on De Ja Vu. I loved sitting by Doug because he would laugh the whole ride and it would make me not as scared. Mitch and I took Baby D on the Merry go Round and he seemed to like it. I hope that he will like roller coasters when he's older since Mitch and I love them.

Then on the way home we stopped in St. George to see Grandma Mary. Thanks for always letting us stop and say hi.

We all had a good time and Dietrich was such a good boy. I feel bad that he was in his car seat so much but he didn't seem to mind. I love him so much.

Dietrich and Grandma Mary
Doug and I at Six Flags
Dietrich talking to Grandma Karen
Talking some more
D playing with Dougie
Swimming for the first time
Dietrich and mom at Six Flags
Dietrich and Nana hanging out at Six Flags
D and mom at Six Flags
D playing with Papa
Dietrich and Emily
Going for a ride on Max the turtle
Dietrich telling Aunt Chels stories
Chillin with Uncle Jeff at Red Robin
Laughing with Nana
Cuddling with Uncle Dougie
My sweet boy sleeping, so cute!

4 comments:

Colt 'n Tami said...

How the HECK are ya???? Get your hineys up here we can't wait to play! So, while you were in AZ so were we, I totally thought Colton was just kidding me when he told me you guys were there. Looks like a fun time ya had! ok baby D is SOOOOOO cute! I find out in 5 days what we're having! Wahooo, D will have a lil buddy up here!!!! So fun! We so need to catch up! Hope all is well. P.S. I LOVE your new hair color! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow looks like you took quite the road trip with your little guy. I don't think that they mind their car seats at all at that age...so don't feel guilty...plus little D got to see so many people who wanted to love on him and hold him...so I am sure the benefits outweighed the cost of having to ride in a seat. Love seeing the pictures of your mom and dad with little D...you can tell that they absolutely love being grandparents. Your darker locks are very cute...glad you are being able to have some fun while being a new mom...I am sure you are fabulous!

Randy & Suzie said...

Oh I wished that Randy and I took you up on that offer to come along. It looked like so much fun and sunny, warm weather. Was that turtle real?

Shari said...

He is such a cutie! That is awesome that you guys will be back in IF for awhile. Can't wait to hold baby D! Cute baby announcement Kristin. He has such a sweet face. Sure miss you guys!